The following lists papers published by Hume Center affiliated faculty with 250 or more citations. These represent the key areas of seminal research for which our faculty are most known. Topics include cognitive radio, cellular communications, wireless security, and cloud security.
- C Wang, Q Wang, K Ren, W Lou, Privacy-preserving public auditing for data storage security in cloud computing, Infocom, 2010 proceedings ieee, 1-9, 2010.
- , The utilization of e-government services: citizen trust, innovation and acceptance factors, Information systems journal 15 (1), 5-25, 2005.
- S Yu, C Wang, K Ren, W Lou, Achieving secure, scalable, and fine-grained data access control in cloud computing, Infocom, 2010 proceedings IEEE, 1-9, 2010.
- E Waltz, J Llinas, Multisensor data fusion, Artech house, 1990.
- F Belanger, JS Hiller, WJ Smith, Trustworthiness in electronic commerce: the role of privacy, security, and site attributes, The journal of strategic Information Systems 11 (3), 245-270, 2002.
- RB Ertel, P Cardieri, KW Sowerby, TS Rappaport, JH Reed, Overview of spatial channel models for antenna array communication systems, IEEE personal communications 5 (1), 10-22, 1998.
- A Patcha, JM Park, An overview of anomaly detection techniques: Existing solutions and latest technological trends, Computer networks 51 (12), 3448-3470, 2007.
- Q Wang, C Wang, J Li, K Ren, W Lou, Enabling public verifiability and data dynamics for storage security in cloud computing, European symposium on research in computer security, 355-370, 2009.
- Q Wang, C Wang, K Ren, W Lou, J Li, Enabling public auditability and data dynamics for storage security in cloud computing, IEEE transactions on parallel and distributed systems 22 (5), 847-859, 2011.
- N Cao, C Wang, M Li, K Ren, W Lou, Privacy-preserving multi-keyword ranked search over encrypted cloud data, IEEE Transactions on parallel and distributed systems 25 (1), 222-233, 2014.
- C Wang, SSM Chow, Q Wang, K Ren, W Lou, Privacy-preserving public auditing for secure cloud storage, IEEE transactions on computers 62 (2), 362-375, 2013.
- TS Rappaport, JH Reed, BD Woerner, Position location using wireless communications on highways of the future, IEEE communications Magazine 34 (10), 33-41, 1996.
- J Li, Q Wang, C Wang, N Cao, K Ren, W Lou, Fuzzy keyword search over encrypted data in cloud computing, INFOCOM, 2010 Proceedings IEEE, 1-5, 2010.
- , Trust and risk in e-government adoption, The Journal of Strategic Information Systems 17 (2), 165-176, 2008.
- JH Reed, Software radio: a modern approach to radio engineering, Prentice Hall Professional, 2002.
- S Yu, C Wang, K Ren, W Lou, Attribute based data sharing with attribute revocation, Proceedings of the 5th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and ..., 2010.
- S Haykin, DJ Thomson, JH Reed, Spectrum sensing for cognitive radio, Proceedings of the IEEE 97 (5), 849-877, 2009.
- C Wang, Q Wang, K Ren, N Cao, W Lou, Toward secure and dependable storage services in cloud computing, IEEE transactions on Services Computing 5 (2), 220-232, 2012.
- W Saad, Z Han, M Debbah, A Hjorungnes, T Basar, Coalitional game theory for communication networks, Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE 26 (5), 77-97, 2009.
- R Chen, JM Park, JH Reed, Defense against primary user emulation attacks in cognitive radio networks, IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications 26 (1), 2008.
- TC Clancy, N Kiyavash, DJ Lin, Secure smartcard-based fingerprint authentication, Proceedings of the 2003 ACM SIGMM workshop on Biometrics methods and ..., 2003.
- M Li, S Yu, Y Zheng, K Ren, W Lou, Scalable and secure sharing of personal health records in cloud computing using attribute-based encryption, IEEE transactions on parallel and distributed systems 24 (1), 131-143, 2013.
- C Wang, N Cao, J Li, K Ren, W Lou, Secure ranked keyword search over encrypted cloud data, Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2010 IEEE 30th International ..., 2010.
- JH Reed, KJ Krizman, BD Woerner, TS Rappaport, An overview of the challenges and progress in meeting the E-911 requirement for location service, IEEE Communications Magazine 36 (4), 30-37, 1998.
- PM Athanas, HF Silverman, Processor reconfiguration through instruction-set metamorphosis, Computer 26 (3), 11-18, 1993.
- R Chen, JM Park, K Bian, Robust distributed spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks, INFOCOM 2008. The 27th Conference on Computer Communications. IEEE, 1876-1884, 2008.
- V Srivastava, JO Neel, AB MacKenzie, R Menon, LA DaSilva, JE Hicks, ..., Using game theory to analyze wireless ad hoc networks., IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials 7 (1-4), 46-56, 2005.
- C Graziosi, G Pantaleo, KR Gantt, JP Fortin, JF Demarest, OJ Cohen, ..., Lack of evidence for the dichotomy of TH1 and TH2 predominance in HIV-infected individuals, Science 265 (5169), 248-253, 1994.
- , Game theory in wireless and communication networks: theory, models, and applications, Cambridge Univ Pr, 2011.
- JS Hiller, F Belanger, Privacy strategies for electronic government, E-government 200, 162-198, 2001.
- TS Rappaport, A Annamalai, RM Buehrer, WH Tranter, Wireless communications: past events and a future perspective, IEEE Communications Magazine 40 (5), 148-161, 2002.
- , Privacy in the digital age: a review of information privacy research in information systems, MIS quarterly 35 (4), 1017-1042, 2011.
- ND Tripathi, JH Reed, HF VanLandinoham, Handoff in cellular systems, IEEE personal communications 5 (6), 26-37, 1998.
- J Llinas, C Bowman, C Rogova, A Steinberg, E Waltz, F White, Revisiting the JDL data fusion model II, US Navy Technical Report, 2004.
- J Reed, Introduction to ultra wideband communication systems, an, Prentice Hall Press, 2005.
- CB Dietrich, K Dietze, JR Nealy, WL Stutzman, Spatial, polarization, and pattern diversity for wireless handheld terminals, IEEE transactions on antennas and propagation 49 (9), 1271-1281, 2001.
- Y Zhang, W Liu, W Lou, Y Fang, Location-based compromise-tolerant security mechanisms for wireless sensor networks, IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications 24 (2), 247-260, 2006.
- A Fehske, J Gaeddert, JH Reed, A new approach to signal classification using spectral correlation and neural networks, New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks, 2005. DySPAN 2005. 2005 ..., 2005.
- C Wang, K Ren, W Lou, J Li, Toward publicly auditable secure cloud data storage services, IEEE network 24 (4), 2010.
- M Li, S Yu, K Ren, W Lou, Securing personal health records in cloud computing: Patient-centric and fine-grained data access control in multi-owner settings, International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Systems ..., 2010.
- F Stern, RV Wilson, HW Coleman, EG Paterson, Comprehensive approach to verification and validation of CFD simulations-Part 1: methodology and procedures, Transactions-American Society of Mechanical Engineers Journal of Fluids ..., 2001.
- KG Vamvoudakis, FL Lewis, Online actor–critic algorithm to solve the continuous-time infinite horizon optimal control problem, Automatica 46 (5), 878-888, 2010.
- K Kim, IA Akbar, KK Bae, JS Um, CM Spooner, JH Reed, Cyclostationary approaches to signal detection and classification in cognitive radio, New frontiers in dynamic spectrum access networks, 2007. DySPAN 2007. 2nd ..., 2007.
- M Li, W Lou, K Ren, Data security and privacy in wireless body area networks, IEEE Wireless communications 17 (1), 2010.
- SK Stanley, MA Ostrowski, JS Justement, K Gantt, S Hedayati, M Mannix, ..., Effect of immunization with a common recall antigen on viral expression in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1, New England Journal of Medicine 334 (19), 1222-1229, 1996.
- W Saad, Z Han, HV Poor, T Basar, Game-theoretic methods for the smart grid: An overview of microgrid systems, demand-side management, and smart grid communications, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 29 (5), 86-105, 2012.
- C North, Toward measuring visualization insight, IEEE computer graphics and applications 26 (3), 6-9, 2006.
- R Chen, JM Park, YT Hou, JH Reed, Toward secure distributed spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks, IEEE Communications Magazine 46 (4), 2008.
- RB Ertel, JH Reed, Angle and time of arrival statistics for circular and elliptical scattering models, IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications 17 (11), 1829-1840, 1999.
- HCA Van Tilborg, S Jajodia, Encyclopedia of cryptography and security, Springer Science & Business Media, 2014.
- M Li, S Yu, N Cao, W Lou, Authorized private keyword search over encrypted data in cloud computing, Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2011 31st International Conference on ..., 2011.
- TC Clancy, N Goergen, Security in cognitive radio networks: Threats and mitigation, Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications, 2008 ..., 2008.
- E Waltz, Information warfare principals and operations, Artech house, 1998.
- A Mishra, MH Shin, NL Petroni, TC Clancy, WA Arbaugh, Proactive key distribution using neighbor graphs, IEEE Wireless communications 11 (1), 26-36, 2004.
- C North, B Shneiderman, Snap-together visualization: a user interface for coordinating visualizations via relational schemata, Proceedings of the working conference on Advanced visual interfaces, 128-135, 2000.
- R Pasko, P Schaumont, V Derudder, S Vernalde, D Durackova, A new algorithm for elimination of common subexpressions, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and ..., 1999.
- B Le, TW Rondeau, JH Reed, CW Bostian, Analog-to-digital converters, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 22 (6), 69-77, 2005.
- C Wang, N Cao, K Ren, W Lou, Enabling secure and efficient ranked keyword search over outsourced cloud data, IEEE Transactions on parallel and distributed systems 23 (8), 1467-1479, 2012.
- Y Zhang, W Liu, W Lou, Anonymous communications in mobile ad hoc networks, INFOCOM 2005. 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and ..., 2005.
- P Saraiya, C North, K Duca, An insight-based methodology for evaluating bioinformatics visualizations, IEEE transactions on visualization and computer graphics 11 (4), 443-456, 2005.
- R Chen, JM Park, Ensuring trustworthy spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks, Networking Technologies for Software Defined Radio Networks, 2006. SDR'06.1 ..., 2006.
- N Shirazi, A Walters, P Athanas, Quantitative analysis of floating point arithmetic on FPGA based custom computing machines, FPGAs for Custom Computing Machines, 1995. Proceedings. IEEE Symposium on ..., 1995.
- JD Laster, JH Reed, Interference rejection in digital wireless communications, IEEE signal processing magazine 14 (3), 37-62, 1997.
- , A Conjoint Analysis of Online Consumer Satisfaction1, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research 6 (2), 95, 2005.
- J Li, X Chen, M Li, J Li, PPC Lee, W Lou, Secure deduplication with efficient and reliable convergent key management, IEEE transactions on parallel and distributed systems 25 (6), 1615-1625, 2014.
- R Zekavat, RM Buehrer, Handbook of position location: Theory, practice and advances, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.